DATA vs INFORMATION: ART vs SCIENCE
SPEAKERS: Alyssa Wise, Maria Paola, Laurie Frick, Amelia Marzec MODERATORS: Gayil Nalls & Jayanthi Moorthy
A great panel discussion last week. Some questions covered:
- How you adapt data into the design-based knowledge from which to solve problems for communities, both in the United States and other locations in the world?
- What role does emotion play in the large sets of raw digital data investigated in your respective professions?
- How fragile is our transmissions of information?
- How do you convert personal data into personalized art. How close is your process from a real scientific process?
- Do you have any insightful information to share about the future of data analysis?
The point where artists meet with scientists:
Both has a process of constant self-awareness. Scientists are is self-aware of bias coming into their observations and artists are self-aware of their subjective thoughts coming into their work.